Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FINAL PROJECT

This is my final project. The task was to map the known prehistoric monuments in Scotland. Not easy for many reasons:

- the monuments are known by many names, many in Gaelic so looking up information on them in daunting and takes forever
- very few of them are well documented, most sources just list speculations and measurments
- The British don't seem to be in a hurry to excavate these, after all, they've been standing there for thousands of year
- prehistoric = no written history so speculations are all there is

Mapping these monuments was not horribly difficult. I spent (too) much time on the visual side of the map and did not pay attention to what I was doing. So I had to go back and change the buttons after making them bright red the first time, now they look much better (thanks for the suggestion Professor Hallden!!). In the end I had some extra time so I added some labels for the oceans etc. Overall I'm happy the way this turned out and would like to research more into these monuments.  

No comments:

Powered By Blogger